Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Written Post!

Surprise, Surprise! I'm actually doing a written post!

I am still working on editing my videos so I can update you on the adventures. I have been so busy doing a multitude of things. I am still working on doing a business in Korea, being a part of a new English Radio Station, being a part of a new English TV show, experiencing new things, traveling, planning events, learning guitar and improving my appearance. It sounds like a lot but sometimes I don't think I'm doing enough! I sound crazy but as I tell my children, "Teacher is crazy!"

I have found so far that teaching is not always bad. I have come to really like some of my kids and I have gotten to know them as well. I still don't have all their names down but I continue to try. They really enjoy it when I try to speak Korean. They teach me how to pronounce certain words and it has become a good way for me to learn Korean faster. The only drawback is that they think they can use Korean in class when they are supposed to be using English.

I have come to realize that I only have four months left here. I am now in the position where I have to decide what my next step will be. Should I renew my contract and stay another year? Should I come home then go traveling around the world? Should I find a job in the US and settle down? Teach in another country? I have not been able to decide yet but I still have some time before my boss asks me. For now, I know I want to go home when my contract ends and see all my family and friends. I am so blessed to have such wonderful loving family and friends who have come to visit me or continue to keep in touch. I am excited that I may have one more visitor soon.

Otherwise, I am currently trying to plan a Mass Freeze in Seoul. If you are confused then let me explain. Do you remember the viral video by Improv Everywhere, "Frozen Grand Central" ? That is what i am trying to do in Seoul. It will be the first one in Seoul and I plan on this being big! Therefore, it's taken some of my time away from other things.

I'll give you more details as things progress but for now I think I will leave you with that. I hope to have a video done soon and look forward to your comments or suggestions on what I should do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment